Download the Affirm app on your PC. You won’t be hit with late fees and you’ll get more flexibility because our payment options have longer terms. Plus, we’ll never charge you with penalties or hidden costs of any kind.
What is the Affirm PC app?
Affirm, Inc., the financial technology company that provides transparent and consumer-friendly payment alternatives to cash and traditional credit, today announced its new app, which allows consumers to shop at virtually any store and split their payments. The app enables consumers to shop with the trust and convenience that modern shoppers demand, furthering the company’s mission of providing honest financial products that improve lives.
Currently, Affirm for PC users are able to shop at thousands of merchants in-store and online that have the app integrated at checkout. Now, its new app empowers consumers to dream big and pay small at virtually any retailer while keeping the flexibility and predictability they have come to love.
In the app, shoppers can prequalify to see their spending power with Affirm for Windows and create a one-time-use virtual card that enables them to shop almost anywhere. The app also allows consumers to pay at any brick-and-mortar store that accepts Apple Pay or Google Pay, which is increasingly important as 24% of consumers want the flexibility to look online and shop in-store.
How It Works
When you open an account with Affirm, you receive prequalification and a maximum spending limit. These limits vary by customer, but the maximum purchase amount allowed by Affirm is $17,500. Each time that you attempt a purchase, that transaction requires approval by the app, even if you are well below your spending limit.
During checkout, you will be presented with multiple payment options that you can select based on your budget. While some transactions are the standard Pay in 4 that other buy now, pay later apps to offer, many purchases receive payment plans of three, six, or 12 months. Some transactions may have even more time to pay off the purchase.
Payments are automatically withdrawn from your bank account or debit card according to the details of your purchase contract. You will not be charged a late fee if your payment is late, but late payments could affect your ability to make purchases with Affirm for Windows app in the future.
- Interest rates as low as 0%. When you shop with the app, some retailers offer rates as low as 0% on your purchases. This no-interest financing ensures that you won’t pay anything extra beyond the purchase price of your items.
- Does not charge late fees. Affirm for PC does not charge hidden fees of any kind, including late fees. If your payment is late, you will not be charged a fee; however, your ability to shop will be turned off. In some cases, partial and late payments may hurt your credit score and reduce your odds of getting another loan with the platform.
- Purchase amounts up to $17,500. It offers financing for larger purchases, up to $17,500, as well. Your ability to make such a large purchase depends on your credit, and a down payment may be required. This is one of the largest purchase amounts that we’ve been able to confirm from any BNPL app.
- Interest rates as low as 0%
- Does not charge late fees
- Purchase amounts up to $17,500
- Interest rates as high as 30%
- May require a credit check
- Prequalification does not guarantee transactions are approved
How to Install the Affirm app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks emulator.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on screen instructions.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will be asked to give your Google ID, if you do not have one than create it.
- Search for the Affirm app and click on the install button.
- Now the app will start the downloading and you can get the app on your PC.
You can also use the Affirm App on your smartphone as well.
Is Affirm bad for your credit?
The only two situations where Affirm would not affect your credit score are first when you apply to get approved for an Affirm loan. Affirm does a soft pull of your credit history which typically does not impact your credit score. So initially, no, Affirm likely won’t impact your credit score.
Is using the app a good idea?
You’ll also earn cashback on your purchases. However, If you’re able to secure a 0% APR on your loan, it could be a good choice since it allows you to avoid paying the entire cost of an item up front — this could be especially useful for big-ticket items like furniture or exercise equipment