Use the Amwell app on your PC. High-quality healthcare is now available, 24/7, with on-demand service or scheduled appointments, often with next-day availability.
What is the Amwell PC app?
Remote communication is a safe and convenient way to stay connected with friends, family, colleagues, and even healthcare providers.
Relying on screens for every interaction can be draining, but this shouldn’t prevent you from maintaining your social life, work-life, routine health checkups, and mental health visits.
Nowadays, prioritizing mental health is more important than ever. Seeking therapy through online resources is a safe way to access mental health resources.
Amwell (short for American Well) is an online telehealth platform that connects patients with providers, including therapists who offer a variety of mental health services.
How does it work
Amwell for PC app offers telemedicine services for healthcare providers and their patients. It makes healthcare services accessible by allowing patients to connect with their providers through live video visits.
Like other online platforms that connect patients with providers, It offers online doctor visits, making it possible to see a doctor or another healthcare provider face-to-face without having to leave your home.
Compared with other services like Talkspace that specialize in online mental health treatment, Amwell for Windows app offers a broad range of health services, from urgent care, needs to therapy.
Amwell for PC app certainly makes it simple to access medical care, anywhere, and whenever you need it. Providers are available on a 24/7 basis, literally every day of the year.
Also, this makes appointments a thing of the past, as well as wasting time sitting in the waiting room with the other sick patients. Additionally, be assured that the doctors used on their panel are all board-certified to ensure the highest care.
Easy to Use
The process to receive care is fairly simple. It begins with starting an account, and information is saved for future use. Next, you get to choose a physician, from a list of doctors that are available, and you get to see their experience and rating to make an informed choice among the providers. Finally, the visit gets conducted over the internet. This can be done either through a web interface on a computer, or through a mobile app, and either way, it provides secure, streaming video.
- Offers ability to schedule sessions as needed
- Accepts health insurance
- Expert staff of licensed therapists, psychiatrists, and MDs
- Offers psychiatry and medication management services
- Couples and teen therapy available
- You can choose your therapist
- Some therapists available nights and weekends
- No free consultation sessions
- No subscription or bundle services offered
- Virtual video sessions only
- Company does not focus just on therapy
- No group therapy
- Cannot see therapist bios until after sign up
What Subscription Plans Do They Offer?
Amwell for PC does not offer any subscriptions. Instead, you pay for each session you book at the time of service.
Therapy sessions prices vary depending on your therapist’s experience:
- Sessions with a licensed therapist who has a master’s degree cost $109.
- Sessions with a licensed therapist who has a doctoral degree cost $129.
- Psychiatry appointments cost $279 for the first visit and $109 for each follow-up.
You can book talk therapy sessions individually or as a couple. You can also book talk therapy sessions for children as young as 10 with parental consent.
How to Install the Amwell app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks emulator.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on screen instructions.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will be asked to give your Google ID, if you do not have one than create it.
- Search for the Amwell app and click on the install button.
- Now the app will start the downloading and you can get the app on your PC.
You can also use the Amwell App on your smartphone as well.
Is Amwell for PC app the same as American Well?
Amwell, formerly known as American Well, is a telemedicine company based in Boston, Massachusetts, that connects patients with doctors over secure video. In 2020, over 40,000 providers are using the Platform. American Well was rebranded to Am well on March 9, 2020.
Is the Amwell for Windows app free?
It is free to download from the Apple App Store or Google Play and gives people the ability to see a doctor of their choosing by video, in less than three minutes on average. The app offers access to U.S. board-certified and telehealth-trained doctors, psychotherapists, and registered dietitians.
How much does Amwell pay per visit?
The cost of a visit is $79, compared to the average national cost of $139 for an office visit or $645 for an emergency room visit, and maybe even less as some employers and insurance companies cover telehealth visits.