Browse the internet in a secure manner with encryption in place using the DuckDuckGo Browser. Here’s how you can download DuckDuckGo for PC or Laptop and make use of the Android version of the app on the big screens.
About DuckDuckGo Browser
If you are concerned about online tracking and have doubts about your current browser, you can switch to the DuckDuckGo browser anytime. It is one of the most popular privacy browsers with all the features that you can rely on. Even though DuckDuck takes care of privacy, you cannot overlook the features, and that’s exactly what we will delve into in this section.
The browser comes with an in-built private search engine that you can use to surf the internet without having to worry about being tracked. You can automatically block hidden third-party trackers, which basically stops all those advertisers to stop selling your data.
The app comes in multiple themes and depending upon convenience, you can switch between light and dark themes anytime.
In terms of security, there is an encryption protocol in place that forces the sites to use encrypted connections where available. This keeps the unwanted snoopers away as well as protects your data against prying eyes.
- Download Aloha Browser for PC, Windows 10 and OS X
- Download FlashFox for PC, Windows 10 and Mac OS X
To sum it all up, if you are one of those people who take online privacy seriously, DuckDuckGo is a good place to start. You can easily install the app on your handheld devices via app stores. To learn, whether you can download DuckDuckGo for PC or not, head over to the section below.
Can I Use DuckDuckGo App on Windows and macOS?
On handheld devices, you can easily install the DuckDuckGo browser app via Google Play and iTunes. Given that DuckDuckGo is designed for Android and iOS devices, it’s quite easy to install on handheld devices.
Having discussed that, you can make use of the Android version of the app and use it on big screens. Now to run an Android-based app, you need an Android platform. One of the easiest ways you can set up the platform is through an Android Emulator. For your ease, we have shed light on the Emulators and explained how you can set on up.
How to set up an Android Emulator
- First, you need to download the Emulator file via the official website. You can follow our guides on Bluestacks for Windows or Bluestacks for Mac.
- If you have downloaded the .exe file, double-click on it to initiate the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
- Next, set up the Emulator using your Google account. That’s it.
Install DuckDuckGo for PC and Laptop
- Launch the Emulator that you have installed on your PC or Laptop.
- On the home screen, look for the google play store (on Bluestacks you will find it under ‘system apps‘) and open it.
- Now search for DuckDuckGo via google play search.
- Next, click on the Duck Duck Go app icon and install it via Emulator.
- Once the installation completes, you’ll find Duck Duck Go Browser under the ‘Apps’ section.
DuckDuckGo Browser will not work system-wide and you must open it inside the Bluestacks. If you are having trouble with DuckDuckGo for PC installation, reach us via comments.