Here’s how you can learn to download GeckoVPN for PC or Laptop and bypass geo-restrictions to access blocked sites/apps with the GeckoVPN app in a secure manner.
Whether you want to bypass geo-restrictions or browse the internet in a secure manner, GeckoVPN is the app you can start with. As the name indicates, it is a virtual private network that turns a public network into a private one, making the connection secure especially when you are connected to public WiFi such as in a cafe.
You can bypass geo-restrictions, which are often enacted by governments and ISPs, and access your favorite apps and sites. Whether you are in school, in an office, or a place facing restrictions, you can access apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Coming to the features part, you can choose from multiple locations or in other words the entry node on the internet. GeckoVPN features distributed servers in multiple countries that allow you to pick the location you like.
GeckoVPN masks the real IPs of connected devices with the virtual ones, keeping your connection safe from prying eyes. This not only secures your identity online but also allows you to make international calls using different locations.
Also, it makes use of encryption in order to secure the data that you transmit over the internet. Then there is anonymous browsing that helps you browse the internet with a concealed identity.
Gecko is quite easy to use, all you need is one click and you are connected to a secure network. On top of that, Gecko is free and you can easily install it on your handheld devices via app stores. Let’s now get to the part where we explain whether you can download Gecko for PC on Windows and Mac devices or not.
Can I Use GeckoVPN on Windows and macOS?
On handheld devices, it is quite simple, all you need is to head over to Google Play
In order to use Gecko on big screens, you will need an Android Emulator. For your ease, we have listed the instructions in the section below to help you with the installation process.
How to set up an Android Emulator
If you are a newbie, all you need to know is that Emulators are virtual machines that emulate the Android OS. It’s like setting up an Android platform on top of Windows running a PC/Laptop and OS X-powered Macbook/iMac. This enables you to install and run the Andriod version of the GeckoVPN app on big screens. Let’s get to the installation part.
- First, you need to download the Emulator file via the official website. You can follow our guides on Bluestacks for Windows or Bluestacks for Mac.
- If you have downloaded the .exe file, double-click on it to initiate the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
- Next, set up the Emulator using your Google account. That’s it.
Install GeckoVPN for PC and Laptop
- Launch the Emulator that you have installed on your PC or Laptop.
- On the home screen, look for the google play store (on Bluestacks you will find it under ‘system apps‘) and open it.
- Now search for GeckoVPN via google play search.
- Next, click on the Gecko app icon and install it via Emulator.
- Once the installation completes, you’ll find GeckoVPN under the ‘Apps’ section.
GeckoVPN will not work system-wide and you must open it inside the Bluestacks. If you are having trouble with GeckoVPN for PC installation, reach us via comments.