Connect with your colleagues and get your work done while on the go. You can attend online classes, conferences, or meetings with the Google Classroom app on the big screens as we help you get Google Classroom for PC and Laptop.
Google Classroom App Features
Google Classroom is a free-to-use education-based application by Google that connects you to your friends and colleagues. You can remotely attend classes, seminars, and meetings with ease. Unlike mainstream applications, you get more than simple access to online lectures. As the name indicates, it is a virtual classroom, which means you can do almost everything that you can in a real classroom. For instance, if you are an instructor, you can create classes, distribute assignments, and stay organized.
One of the best things about the Google Classroom app is that it is very easy to set up and use. Within minutes, you can set up a class environment and share code with students, that’s all it takes. Likewise, you can save time with easy-to-follow workflows, paperless assignments that you can review and mark quickly. At the same time, it enhances communication and improves organization. Students can share resources with each other and start discussions instantly. You can get all the class material e.g documents, photos, and videos automatically filed in Google drive.
Also, Google Classroom is secure, contains no-ads, and doesn’t use the content and information for advertisement purposes. This makes everything a whole lot easier and appealing. On top of that, it is free, easy to set up and you can get it on handheld devices, via app stores. Now that you are clear on the features, let’s see if you can get Google Classroom for PC and Laptop.
How to use Google Classroom on Windows and macOS
You can attend online classes, join meetings remotely and manage work using the Google Classroom app. And since it is designed for Android and iOS, you can easily install it on your handheld devices via Google Play and iTunes. The same cannot be said for PCs/Laptops given that the OSes these devices run are Windows or OS X. You need an Android Emulator to install the Android Google Classroom app on a PC/Laptop. For ease, we have listed the instructions below to help you with the process.
How to set up an Android Emulator
If you are new to Emulators, don’t fret, think of an Emulator as a third-party app that sits on top of your Windows running PC/Laptop and OS X powered Macbook/iMac and allows you to install and use Android-based apps such as Google Classroom on the big screens.
- First, you need to download the Emulator file via the official website. You can follow our guides on Bluestacks for Windows or Bluestacks for Mac.
- If you have downloaded the .exe file, double-click on it to initiate the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
- Next, set up the Emulator using your Google account. That’s it.
Install Google Classroom for PC and Laptop
- Launch the Emulator that you have installed on your PC or Laptop.
- On the home screen, look for the google play store (on Bluestacks you will find it under ‘system apps‘) and open it.
- Now search for Google Classroom via google play search.
- Next, click on the Google Classroom app icon and install it via Emulator.
- Once the installation completes, you’ll find Google Classroom under the ‘Apps’ section.
Google Classroom will not work system-wide and you must open it inside the Bluestacks. If you are having trouble with Google Classroom for PC installation, reach us via comments.