Download the DroidVPN app on your PC. The service can help you to unblock regional internet restrictions, web filtering, bypass firewalls, and browse the web anonymously.
What is The DroidVPN PC app?
Using WiFi in any area without any additional layer of security can leave you exposed to hackers or snoopers who can easily sniff out your private data. DroidVPN for PC allows you to encrypt data and tunnel internet traffic to one of their servers which stifles the ability of hackers, phishers, and spammers to steal your information and prevents the ISP from logging, monitoring, or collecting your data as well.
If you enjoy using multiple devices to surf online, you’ll be out of luck with DroidVPN as only 1 device is permitted at any given time. On the plus side, novice users needn’t worry as this app is pre-configured with a selected server – simply download and tap connect.
What makes DroidVPN for Windows different from other providers is its ability to tunnel traffic through ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) to unblock restricted websites. This only works for devices that are rooted. Otherwise, data is tunneled using OpenVPN protocols (like UDP). When it comes to speed, users have reported slightly above average speed
DroidVPN is also prone to collecting valuable data, including your IP address, bandwidth used, and session times. This is hardly ideal for those who take their privacy seriously, as it stands against the main purpose of a VPN — security.
None of that really matters if you’re simply looking for a way to unblock WhatsApp or watch a geo-blocked YouTube video. In these cases, DroidVPN is a handy (and free) solution — for anything more, you should look elsewhere.
- 1 Tap connect through a widget
- Gives you unrestricted Speed
- Encrypts your internet traffic
- Unblocks web sites
- Tunnel IP traffic through ICMP or UDP (ICMP only works on rooted devices)
- Can sometimes connect to paid hotspots for free
- Save network traffic through data compression
- Block all annoying ads all over the web
|Name||DroidVPN- Easy Android|
|Size||Varies with device|
- Offers free service
- Paid service is priced modestly
- Works well on Android
- Speeds on mobile are good
- No live support
- Does not accept anonymous payments
- Keeps connection logs
- May monitor and filter your traffic
- Does not condone illegal torrenting
- PC client is a work in progress
- No cross-platform support
- No simultaneous connections allowed
The service has a free plan available, but it limits you to locations in the US and Netherlands, and by default allows you only 100MB of data transfer a day.
Upgrading to the paid premium service gives you unlimited bandwidth and access to all servers. The monthly plan costs $4.99 while paying for a year upfront cuts the price to $2.99. That’s not a lot, but it’s still not cheap for a one-device service with barely any features, and if you’re willing to sign up for a two-year subscription.
How to Install the Droid VPN app on Windows and Mac
- Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Run the EXE file and wait for the setup to complete, the emulator will download some additional files.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- Search for the DroidVPN app and click on the install button
- Log in using your Google id to start the download process.
Use the DroidVPN app on your smartphone as well.
How does Droid VPN Work on PC?
DroidVPN allows you to encrypt data and tunnel internet traffic to one of their servers which stifles the ability of hackers, phishers, and spammers to steal your information and prevents the ISP from logging, monitoring, or collecting your data as well. … Otherwise, data is tunneled using OpenVPN protocols
Does Droid VPN give free Internet?
DROIDVPN is another popular VPN app that can be used for accessing free internet on android without a data plan. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
What are the limitations of a free account?
- Free accounts can only connect to FREE SERVERS
- Free accounts can only use 100MB of data which resets every midnight
What do I get if I upgrade my account?
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited server switches
- Unlimited speed
- 99.9% uptime
- Access to all premium servers
- 7-day money-back guarantee