This article will show you how to fix the Gensihin Impact Error 4201 you are getting while playing genshin impact on windows pc or laptop. First of all, make sure to check out the server status info from the official genshin impact forum whether the game server is down or up.
Next, you can also follow up on the official gentian impact Twitter page to know all the latest updates and info regarding server status announcements patch notes, etc.
First things First
If there is any server downtime or maintenance process is ongoing make sure to exit the game for a couple of hours and then try playing it. As the particular problem isn’t specific for the only one platform ensure to always be up to date with the device firmware and game version.
You can also power cycle your device wi-fi router to clear any temporary glitch or refresh the network connectivity close all the background running applications on the PC and try to disable the windows firewall as well as the antivirus program additionally check the active internet connection whether it’s stable and faster enough or not try to increase bandwidth speed.
Changing DNS Settings
On the other side pc, if the above solution for Genhisn Impact Error 4201 users can also do the same as follows:
- Open the Windows settings on the network and internet
- Select change adapter options to select the connected and active network and right-click on it and choose properties
- Double click on internet protocol version 4.
- Click on the toggle use the following DNS server addresses.
- Input the google DNS 126.96.36.199 as primary and 188.8.131.52 as alternate click ok to apply changes
- Finally, restart your computer and you’re done
Runt the Game as admin
Another possible cause of Error 4201 is the game being blocked on your PC. If Genshin Impact is blocked on your PC, it won’t be able to connect to the server. You may need to give administrative permissions to Genshin Impact on your PC, and it’s important to do this to the game executable itself instead of the game shortcut. Here’s how:
- Open your Genshin Impact installed path, then go to Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game.
- Find the game executable file, right-click it then select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, and check the box of Run this program as an administrator. Then click Apply and OK.
If running the game executable as Admin doesn’t solve your problem, try the next fix.
Changing Server Location
This error is usually caused by the game’s servers or by your own network connection as there is an influx of new players at the moment the error is often caused by the game’s servers that’s why I would, first of all, suggest you change the server location this will tell you whether your own connection is at fault.
In case the problem persists then
- Open up the task manager
- Here navigate to your resource monitor
- In the network tab open the processes with network activity
- After a few seconds you will see every process using your network connection
- This might be your browser running in the background steam or a download
- But selecting your connection suggest you only add the processes which you know won’t break your operating system
Check your VPN
VPN seems to be a cause of Error 4201 on Genshin Impact, but it could also be a fix to this issue. No matter if you use VPN for Genshin Impact or not, you can refer to this fix to solve your problem.
Many players would use VPN for Genshin Impact, but it turned out to be causing Error 4201 for some players. This is because Mihoyo may detect VPN connections and block your game instead. If you also use a VPN for this game, try disabling it and test the issue.
On the other hand, VPN solved some players’ problems when they encountered geo-blocking or IP-blocking from Mihoyo out of security concerns. If you’ve never used a VPN for Genshin Impact, try using one and test if the error is gone. If you need VPN recommendations, our best pick is NordVPN, one of the most reliable and fastest VPN services on the market.
A normal upload and download speed without interruption are important to properly play online games on your PC to better your connection. I suggest using an ethernet cable for best performance if you need to use a wi-fi connection then make sure to restart your router or modem if you haven’t done this in a while and reduce the number of devices connected to the same network. That’s all as far as Error 4201 is concerned, hope this helped you out leave a comment if you have any questions.