Some gamers are reporting the CE-108255-1 error on their PS5 when playing games. If you are affected by the same exact error, this article may help you fix it.
PS5 Error Codes have been a bane on players worldwide since its release last November. Sony is cracking on and working hard to get bugs and errors ironed out, but ultimately that can take a bit of time.
What Does PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1 Mean?
PS error code CE-108255-1 is a typical error gamer gets when they’re not able to launch the application. This error happens when the PlayStation 5 experiences issues while launching a particular game.
If you’re getting this error, it means that the update file may not have been applied properly. The update file is supposed to carry any needed changes for your game or application data to be loaded into the system firmware memory.
There are a few things you can do to try and fix this error.
- If your system software and application are not the latest version, please update them to the latest version and see if there is any improvement.
- If this error occurs after launching a game, delete the game in which the error occurs from Settings > Storage, and reinstall the game.
- Start your PS5 in Safe Mode and perform “5. Rebuild Database”.
- If the error occurs again, reset your PS5 from Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5, and try installing the application again. (Please make a backup of all your data in advance.)
- If the above means do not work, please consider applying for repair service from the online application page.
Reinstall The Game
Sometimes error code CE-108255-1 occurs because of corrupted save files. The easiest way to fix this problem is to reinstall the game.
- Go to settings from your PS5 Menu.
- Navigate to console Storage.
- Click on Games and Application.
- Select the game you want to delete.
- Delete the game.
- Download/ Install the game.
Now play the game to see if the error is fixed or not. If not, follow the next method.
Update The Game
Error Code CE-108255-1 might occur if you haven’t updated the game in a long time.
- Select the game you want to update.
- Click on the options button on your Dual Sense Controller.
- Navigate to Check for updates.
- Download the update.
Wait for the game to update. After updating the game, try playing the game to see if there is an error.
Rebuild PS5 Database
The PlayStation database must be updated on a regular basis. That is a simple solution to any PlayStation issues.
- Turn off your Console.
- Connect your Dual sense with the USB cable and connect it to the Console.
- Hold the power button down until the Console beeps twice, then release it.
- Navigate to Rebuild Database. It should take approximately 10-15 minutes to finish.
Do not switch off the Console while the procedure is ongoing. Now Turn on your console and check if the error is still there. If not, follow the next method.
Update PS5 Firmware
You may see this problem if you haven’t updated your PlayStation in a long time, and it is always better to keep your system up to date.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Look for the System Software option.
- Choose the new update.
- Allow time for your Console to download the update.
- Select it from the notification menu.
- Install the update after downloading it.
Updating the firmware might fix the problem, but if error code CE-108255-1 is still there, try the following method.
PS5 users who encounter error code CE-108255-1 may find that their game may not load or crash all the time.
While others may only experience this error code in a single game, some may find it consistently across all their games. Others may get the error when trying to access Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation Network
It’s a serious problem that, in some cases, requires intervention from Sony for hardware repair or replacement.