We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 22 Ultimate Team” error message is the recent one that’s bothering players a lot. If in case, you’re also one of the victims then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to easily resolve such an issue. It basically suggests that there is a connectivity issue with the FIFA 22 servers.
Ultimate Team is a FIFA mode that allows players from all the leagues to create their own team and play both online and offline.
By playing FUT, gamers get the chance to win coins they can then use to purchase highly-skilled players or other items.
So, if you really want to have a specific player in your team, one way to do that is by playing FUT and collecting as many coins as possible. You can then exchange the coins for a top player.
Sometimes, that’s easier said than done because FIFA often fails to connect to Ultimate Team. This problem affects players on PC, Xbox, and PS4.
FIFA 22 Error Connecting to FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Servers
As it turns out, FIFA is a big game that has a lot of concurrent players and it can usually happen that the servers get overloaded which can result in such issues for some players. This is especially the case when the game has newly been released. In addition to that, different factors can cause the problem in question. Therefore, before proceeding with the different workarounds that are available, let us first go through the various causes of the error message in more detail so that you can have a better grasp of the issue.
- Third-Party App Interference — The first reason that the problem in question may occur is when a third-party app on your system is interfering with the game process. This is usually caused by the antivirus but that does not always have to be the reason.
- Windows Firewall — In some cases, the problem can also originate due to the Windows Firewall which is responsible for allowing and blocking the incoming and outgoing requests.
- Network Settings — Finally, the network settings on your system can also cause problems in some scenarios. If this is the case, you can try changing your DNS or resetting your network altogether to see if the issue has been resolved.
Check Internet Connection
Try checking out your internet connection properly no matter whether you’re using a wired (ethernet) connection or a Wi-Fi connection. You can also try switching the wired connection to Wi-Fi or vice versa for cross-checking the networking connectivity speed and stability. Do not use VPN while launching and playing the FIFA 22 game to ensure there is no issue happening at your end.
Make sure the game servers are up:
In case the game servers are down due to outage or maintenance, you may get these connection-related issues. So, the very first thing you need to do is to check the current server status. In case, it is down, the issue will get resolved automatically. You can check the status on their official Twitter handle which is – @EAFIFADirect.
Try a different network
One of the possible causes of this problem might be your Internet connection.
Try a different network, if that’s possible. For example, test if you can play FUT on a mobile hotspot.
Other things you can do:
- Restart or unplug your modem/ router
- Make sure you’re not running outdated router firmware versions
- If you’re using a wireless connection, test with a cable connection.
Make sure your data and time settings are correct
If your data and time settings are not correct, you won’t be able to connect to the FUT servers.
This is because the servers have a specific time frame defined on their security certificate date. If your computer or console fails to fall into that time frame, your connection will be blocked for security reasons.
The best solution is to set the date and time settings to automatic internet settings.
Reset EA Account Password
In this method to fix the FIFA 22 failure to connect to Ultimate Team error, we are going to reset the EA account password. This trick helped many users to resolve this problem. So, follow these steps and see if it fixes the issue at your end or not:
- Go to the EA’s page and reset the account password.
- Log in to the EA account with your new password.
- Go to the Securities tab
- Now, you see the list of all trusted devices.
- Next, select each of the devices & untrust them.
- Log into the console.
- Then, make the Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus account the primary account.
- Next, delete the EA Play & EA-related settings & games.
- Now, launch your FIFA 22 and see if the issue is removed or not.
Console or account bug.
Some FIFA 22 gamers encounter connection errors randomly even though there are no known server issues. In that case, it’s possible that the root cause of the problem is coming from a bug in the console. Some bugs may occur due to new changes, like when a new version of the game is installed, or when a new Xbox software becomes available.