Download the Gemini app on your PC. Gemini was built with a “security-first” mentality. Create price alerts to stay on top of the market, set recurring buys, build your crypto portfolio, and maximize your trading strategies.
What is the Gemini PC app?
Gemini is a cryptocurrency exchange. It was started by the Winklevoss twins (Cameron Winklevoss and Tyler Winklevoss). You might recognize those names. They created ConnectU, which was the predecessor to Facebook.
Gemini for PC was started in 2014 and is based in New York, New York, which means it is one of a few cryptocurrency exchanges that is regulated in the U.S. Specifically, it is regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS).
What Do They Offer?
The platform has over 20 cryptocurrencies, including its own currency called Gemini dollars (GUSD). You can trade and store cryptocurrencies with the app.
Through a partnership with Samsung, it powers the Samsung Blockchain. Customers in the U.S. and Canada can connect their Samsung Blockchain Wallet to the Gemini app to trade currencies.
- New investors looking for a simple mobile and web app
- Experienced investors who need a more advanced platform with more tools
- Users looking for a 1-stop-shop to buy, sell and store all of their coins
Crypto wallet: The exchange offers Gemini for PC Wallet for users who don’t already have a cryptocurrency wallet. Digital assets are insured against losses that result from a security breach or hack, a fraudulent transfer or employee theft (more on this below).
Mobile app: The free app for iOS and Android is highly rated by app store users and mimics many of the same functions and features as the desktop site.
Security and insurance: The platform prides itself on its security measures and hasn’t recorded a successful hacking attempt on its site. The digital assets on the site are insured against security breaches and hacks, and the bulk of its assets are kept in “cold storage,” away from online threats that could breach security. That said, loss of assets due to unauthorized access to your personal accounts — such as theft of your private codes and logins — isn’t covered by its insurance.
Availability in all U.S. states: Unlike some cryptocurrency exchanges, The app is available for use in all 50 states, as well as more than 50 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa, South America, and Oceania.
Are There Any Fees?
Yes, Gemini for Windows does charge commission rates for trading on its platform. There is a convenience fee of 0.50% above the market rate. To figure out the convenience fee amount, multiply 0.50% (1.005) by the amount of currency you want to buy.
There is also a flat transaction fee for orders placed via their web or mobile application. The fee ranges from $0.99 to 1.49% of your order value
- Easy and quick signups — can get started in as little as a few minutes
- Multitude of platforms to accommodate traders of all skill levels
- Hot wallets include insurance to protect your from theft and hacking attempts
- Charges both a commission and a convenience fee for users buying and selling through the desktop or mobile app
|Name||Gemini: Buy Bitcoin Instantly|
|Developer||Gemini Trust Company LLC|
|Size||Varies with device|
How to Install the Gemini app on Windows and Mac
- Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Run the exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID to access the PlayStore features
- Search for the Gemini app and click on the install button to get the app.
You can also use the Gemini app on your smartphone as well.
Is Gemini for PC App Safe?
It is a popular choice for investors who want the most secure platform to buy and store their digital assets. Its strict compliance with U.S. regulations makes them one of the safest places to purchase crypto, especially for institutional investors
Is Coinbase or Gemini better?
Gemini provides features that support institutional investors, while Coinbase lets you earn crypto while learning about trading. Beginners will feel comfortable using either platform. However, Coinbase has a slight edge, as it’s available in more countries and offers more currency types.