Download the Go2bank app on your PC. It’s the ultimate mobile bank account, packed with the features you’d expect to make it easier to manage your money.
What is the Go2bank PC app?
In the age of fintech, mobile banking is quickly becoming the go-to option for people who don’t feel the need to go to an in-person branch at a traditional bank. They might be too busy or perhaps they enjoy the convenience of being able to manage their finances from a mobile device. Maybe it’s both.
GO2bank for PC app by Green Dot is best for anyone living paycheck to paycheck who wants access to early paydays, a free high-yield savings account, and cashback rewards. This account also makes you eligible for the GO2 secured credit card as long as you set up direct deposits totaling at least $100 in the past month. It has no annual fee or required credit check. If you have negative credit or no credit at all, this card gives you the opportunity to build credit in a low-risk environment because you set the limit yourself.
The GO2bank card is light on fees, but there are a few you’ll want to watch out for. For instance, there’s a $5 monthly fee for individuals who don’t set up direct deposits. You’ll also pay a $15 fee if you opt-in for overdraft protection, overdraw on your account, and don’t replace the funds within 24 hours.
What Do They Offer?
GO2bank for Windows app has the full backing of Green Dot Bank, which serves 33 million customers through its retail and direct-to-consumer debit card products. GO2bank aims to serve people who don’t have a checking or savings account, which was about 5.4% of households in 2019.
Instead of being forced to utilize expensive check cashing options, they can turn to GO2. While GO2 bank is not free, it’s less expensive than some of the other non-bank alternatives. Applying to GO2 bank doesn’t require a credit check or a credit score.
What are the benefits of a GO2bank checking account?
GO2bank for PC app is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). It can be managed via the website or mobile app and comes with the following features.
- Instant cashback rewards. Earn 3% cash back when you buy Amazon e-gift cards in the GO2bank mobile app, plus up to 7% cash back on e-gift cards from nearly 100 other merchants.
- High-yield savings account. When this feature launches later this year, you’ll earn 1% APY on balances up to $5,000 kept in your savings vault. GO2 bank hasn’t disclosed if you’ll earn any interest on balances over this limit.
- Early direct deposits. Receive paychecks up to two days early and government benefits up to four days early.
- Accepts cash deposits. One major drawback of online accounts is that you can’t deposit cash into them, but GO2 bank accepts cash deposits at over 90,000 Green Dot locations nationwide. However, participating retailers may charge you a fee.
- Access to credit. Anyone who opens an account and sets up an eligible direct deposit can open a GO2bank credit card. There’s no credit check, making it a great option for those who need to repair or build their credit.
Things to keep in mind
The GO2bank for PC app Secured Credit Card can be an ideal option for those who want to build or repair their credit. While the $0-annual-fee card won’t offer much as far as traditional benefits or rewards go, it doesn’t require a credit check, and the security deposit is comparatively low.
However, there’s no upgrade path once you’re ready to graduate to a traditional unsecured credit card.
How to Install the Go2bank app on Windows and Mac
- Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- To complete the installation you will have to follow the on screen instructions and have a stable internet connection.
- Open the emulator from the home screen of your PC and look for the PlayStore app.
- You will be asked to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Go2bank app and click on the install button to start the download process.
You can also use the Go2bank app on your smartphone as well.
Why did I get a text from GO2bank for PC app?
GO2bank for Windows app is committed to keeping your account secure and informed about your money. To provide you with peace of mind, we regularly monitor transactions that are made with your debit card for potential fraud. When we identify a transaction that may be fraudulent, we will send you a fraud text alert.
How much can I withdraw from the card?
$500 per day
You may withdraw up to $500 per day using your GO2bank debit card, provided you have funds available in your account. See your Deposit Account Agreement for additional details and limits and fees.