Download the Headspace app on your PC. Stress less. Sleep soundly. Get happy. Learn the life-changing skills of meditation and mindfulness in a few minutes a day with Headspace app on your Windows and Mac PCs.
What is the Headspace PC app?
Making mental health a priority is a challenge this year as we continue to navigate through a global pandemic and the stressors that accompany it. However, meditation, a group of techniques that originated around 1500 BCE as an Eastern religious and spiritual tradition, is shown to lower anxietyTrusted Source and enhance overall well-being. Thanks to the digital age, it’s easier than ever to get started.
Headspace’s app is designed for the totally uninitiated. It expects that you’ve never meditated before and that you may not understand the “point” of meditation practice. Its goal is to teach you the foundational aspects of meditation in your first 10 days of using the app.
Headspace for PC is a meditation app available for iOS and Android that’s great for beginners. With guided meditations, mindful workouts, and sleep techniques, there’s something on the app for everyone.
The introductory program is geared toward novice meditators and those new to the concept of mindfulness, including children. The secular nature of Headspace makes it accessible to a universal audience, especially those committed to starting a new practice or reviving their current meditation practice.
Seasoned practitioners can benefit from the many advanced meditation programs and applied content, such as mindfulness in daily activities (e.g., eating, cooking, running) or performance (e.g., creativity, happiness, balance). Headspace is not intended to be a substitute for psychological treatment for those experiencing serious mental illness. It may benefit individuals seeking to improve their quality of life and better cope with daily stressors.
How does Headspace work?
After creating an account, you’re taken to the homepage where you’re greeted by “Wake Up,” a short series of videos that explain concepts like letting go or stepping away from mental stressors (sometimes, there’s even a celebrity leading the video). The menu bar at the bottom of the screen has four categories you can toggle between: Meditate, Sleep, Move, and Focus.
The free trial also includes access to three sessions of “Today’s Meditation,” the “Stress Release” and “Reframing Anxiety” workouts under the Move section, and one of the app’s most popular Sleepcasts, “Rainday Antiques.”
With a paid subscription, you have access to the full library of content, including more than 400 meditations.
Memberships to Headspace Plus are $12.99 per month or $69.99 per year. If you qualify for their student plan, it’s $9.99 per year. There’s also a family plan that grants six accounts access for only $99.99 per year.
Headspace for Windows app also grants free memberships to all K-12 teachers, school administrators, and supporting staff in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
- Free introductory 10-day program with reminders
- Sophisticated, user-friendly interface with customizable content
- Engaging animations to explain concepts
- Sessions can be downloaded and experienced offline
- Practical, modern and secular approach to mindfulness
- Family and child friendly – “Headspace for Kids” content
- Cost for subscription to access additional modules
- Requires discipline and time commitment for regular practice
- Experienced meditators must complete basic content before advancing
- British accent of facilitator may be distracting
|Developer||Headspace for Meditation, Mindfulness and Sleep|
|Category||Health & Fitness|
|Price||Free with in app purchases|
How to Install the Headspace app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks emulator.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- Now you will be required to log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Headspace app and click on the install button to get the app on your PC.
You can also use the Headspace app on your smartphone as well.
Is the headspace for PC app worth it?
The beginner-level meditations the app offers are more useful than those in any other app we considered. It’s clear where to start, as the app directs you to the “Basics” pack, a 10-day set of short meditations designed to help beginners understand how to sit and meditate.
What are the benefits of using headspace for PC?
Staying active can improve your sleep, give you more energy and help manage stress – all helping you keep a healthy headspace.
- help you sleep better.
- improves concentration.
- raise your energy levels.
- improve your confidence.
- boost your mood.
- release stress and lower anxiety.