You can use images from your computer to create custom stickers on the WhatsApp web app. It’s simple enough to use that you don’t need advanced graphic design skills to create attractive stickers.
WhatsApp, which is owned by Facebook, is always up to something new, and the chat app has now added a new feature that allows you to create custom stickers on the web. It’s a new way to communicate with your friends and loved ones that sounds pretty cool and simple to use.
You’ve been able to send stickers in WhatsApp chats for a long time now. A new feature lets you create custom stickers from any image. You can also add text, doodles and other stickers to make your own unique creation.
Currently, this is only possible using the web and desktop versions of WhatsApp, but you never know: it may come to the mobile app in time.
So here’s what you need to do if you want to create your own library of personalized stickers.
Make a WhatsApp Sticker on Android
- On Android, install the Sticker Maker app.
- Tap Make a new sticker set. If you want to take credit for creating these stickers, give the pack a name and an author name.
- The following screen contains 30 tiles. Tap any of these, and then select photos by tapping Take Photo, Open Gallery, or Select File.
- The first option allows you to take a photo, the second open your photo gallery, and the third allows you to choose images from your file manager.
- The following step allows you to cut the image into a shape. You can choose from Freehand, Cut square, or Cut circle.
- Once you are done cropping, tap Yes, Save Sticker.
- Once you have three stickers added, you can tap Add to WhatsApp. You will see a confirmation message on the screen once it’s been added.
- Now open WhatsApp, and tap the emoji icon > stickers icon at the bottom. Now you will see your new sticker pack as the last one on the list of sticker packs.
- To delete a sticker pack, tap the pack > three dots icon on the top-right > Delete.
Make a WhatsApp Sticker on an iPhone
- Download the Bazaart app on iPhone.
- Open the app and tap either Start New or Open Photo.
- Now you can use the app’s tools to create your sticker. You can easily cut it into shapes, add dialogue boxes, and much more via Bazaart’s on-screen tools.
- Once you are done, tap the Share icon and tap WhatsApp.
- The app will ask you to add your name in case you want to take credit for the sticker pack. Then, on the next screen tap Add to WhatsApp.
- This will add your sticker to WhatsApp. Tap the sticker icon which in the form where you type messages. Your stickers will show up here.
- Bazaart lets you easily update your sticker pack as well. Just repeat steps 2 to 4 above and you will see a new screen asking you whether you want to update or delete your sticker pack. Tap Update to add more stickers to your pack.