Download the Meross app on your PC. Follow the steps discussed below to get the app on your Windows and Mac PCs. Customers can plug their electronic devices on it and then use the app to easily manage your devices from your PC.
What is the Meross PC app?
Meross, founded in 2016 and based in Chengdu, China is fast becoming one of the most prominent players for affordable smart home devices. Unlike many of its homeland rivals, it has a range of HomeKit compatible devices – including smart plugs, lights, and switches – as well as offering compatibility with both Alexa and the Google Assistant.
Let’s face it, that’s where you stumbled across the line-up and you’re probably asking yourself, “Is Meross a good brand?”
First up and there’s a huge array of smart plugs on offer. The designs alter slightly between UK/US variants but, on the whole, the range is pretty consistent both sides of the pond.
Is Meross for PC safe and secure?
The smart home devices all work after connecting to your home’s Wi-Fi network; they don’t use local mesh networks such as Zigbee, Z-Wave or Thread to talk to a hub.
As with any device that you add to your Wi-Fi network, there are security implications. The platform is keen to stress that, with its range: “All data is securely transmitted and stored using AWS servers in the US.” Obviously, you can eliminate any major risk or concerns you have by sticking to the HomeKit variants, which don’t require you to use the app (and therefore telling the app your Wi-Fi password) and have to adhere to Apple’s strict encryption standards.
The Bottom Line
The fact that Meross for Windows app devices works without an individual app or a central hub makes the experience more seamless than many other HomeKit devices, and I cannot fault the consistency of the connection.
However, there is no doubt that the unorthodox, insecure, and demanding pairing process made it a frustrating and time-consuming experience. I do not believe it is a reasonable expectation of consumers to toggle dozens of setting on their phone, or worse still, their router, simply to pair a basic smart home device.
|Developer||Chengdu Meross Technology Co.,Ltd.|
How to Install the Meross app on Windows and Mac
- Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the Setup for the android emulator by following the on-screen instructions
- Open the android emulator and locate the PlayStore app already installed on the emulator
- If you do not have a Google ID I will recommend creating one
- In the Search bar of Playstore Type Meross, and search for the app
- Click on the Install button to complete the process and get the App on your PC
You can also use the app on your smartphone as well.
Is it a good brand?
The build quality is great and the prices are about as low as you’re likely to see. Sure, the HomeKit ones are a bit more – around $10 a plug – but that’s still a price that you’ll struggle to beat elsewhere.
How do I connect to WIFI?
- Step 1: Log in to the Meross app and set an easy-to-use name for your device. Give your device an easy-to-use name.
- Step 2: Go to the “Skills” section of the Alexa app. …
- Step 3: Search for “Meross”.
- Step 4: Log in to your Meross account.
- Step 5: Discover your device.
- Step 6: All done!
What is the Meross for PC app?
With the app, you can control all your smart home devices from anywhere at any time. Customers can plug their electronic devices on it and then use the Meross app to easily manage its device features.