Use the MyChart app on your PC. The app puts your health information in the palm of your hand and helps you conveniently manage care for yourself and your family members.
What is the MyChart PC app?
Do you schedule reminders on your phone to take your medications? Track your physical activity so you can improve your health? Ever video chat with a doctor to address a pressing medical concern? There’s an app for that.
MyChart for PC offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health and to communicate with your health care team. With MyChart for windows, you can:
- Request and cancel medical appointments
- View your health summaries and history
- View test results
- Request prescription renewal
- Communicate electronically and securely with your medical care team
- Access health information
- Manage a loved one’s account
- Pay your bill online and more
What does it offer?
Epic’s MyChart for PC app is now the most popular medical app in the iOS App Store — clearly showing there is a huge demand for communicating with your healthcare team via your smartphone. The medical app is used by patients to track their health, communicate with their clinicians and health care teams, review test results, and much more.
The MyChart app can even sync with Apple’s Health app. This allows the app to pull data from Apple’s Health app and import it into the app. This sync enables your healthcare team to view your health data in granular detail (with your permission) in your electronic medical record.
The popular patient portal has now gotten a redesign with the following added functionality:
1) You can access new information alerts about your family in the notifications center.
2) Summary views have been improved — such as lists of medications and upcoming appointments.
3) 3D touch support is now turned on — you can go directly to sending a message, scheduling an appointment, or refilling medications simply by using 3D touch on the MyChart for PC icon.
|Developer||Epic Systems Corporation|
|Size||Differs with devices|
How to Install the MyChart app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- Log in using your Google ID, this will give you access to the PlayStore app features.
- Search for the MyChart app, and click on the install button to start the download process.
You can also use the MyChart app on your smartphone as well.
How do I add a photo or change the background color to my MyChart account?
Once you are on the My Family’s Records page, follow the directions below.
Add a new photo or replace a current photo:
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the pencil icon.
- Choose a photo to upload.
- You will receive an alert letting you know that when you save this photo, it will also appear in your MetroHealth medical record. Click OK to make this alert disappear.
- Click Save.
Can I pay my bill using MyChart for PC?
Yes, you can pay your bill by credit card by logging into your account. You will see a message alert on your home page if you have an outstanding bill, click the alert to pay the bill. You can also view your bill by clicking Billing Account Summary under the Billing tab. Once you are on the Billing Account Summary page, Click Account Detail or See More Payments to see more information about a particular account.
Can I share my medical records with a third-party application/outside program?
You may download your health information from your account to other third-party applications. When you give permission to a third-party application to access your MyChart record, the application may have access to ALL of your personal data contained in MyChart for PC.