Download the MyHeritage app on your PC. Animate the faces in your family photos with Deep Nostalgia, and create a short video animation that will feel like your family history is being reenacted before your eyes.
What is the MyHeritage PC app?
Though MyHeritage for PC started in the ancestry-side of DNA testing, the company quickly expanded to health testing and carrier status testing as well. As of this writing, they scrapped their health test offering. Apparently, they prefer to focus solely on their ancestry test and are leaving health DNA analysis to other companies.
Research your family history with MyHeritage’s award-winning products, all private and secure. Sync between them and enjoy a captivating journey to your past, wherever you are. Add your parents, grandparents, and other relatives to grow your family tree on the MyHeritage for Windows app. Discover and treasure your ancestors’ stories by building a family tree you’ll want to share and preserve for generations to come.
What does it Offer?
The MyHeritage DNA tests can be ordered online. Customers use the MyHeritage DNA setup to activate test kits on MyHeritage.com once the package arrives. The My Heritage DNA testing kit contains a simple cheek swab, which only takes 2 minutes to use.
For best results, customers should not eat, drink, chew gum, or smoke for 30 minutes before collecting the DNA sample. Next, the users mail their samples to the lab for analysis by expert technicians. After 3-4 weeks, DNA results can be viewed online using their My Heritage login. Once customers receive their results, they can download raw data and use it with other analysis sites and marketplaces such as
How to Animate your Picture
- Click “Upload photo” to choose a file from your computer. Or, drag and drop a photo of your choice into the photo frame.
- Once you upload your photo, you’ll be asked to sign up to MyHeritage to animate your photos. Signing up is free. If you already have a MyHeritage account and aren’t logged in, select the “Log in” option on the bottom of the popup.
- Once the photo has been uploaded, select a face to animate from among the individual faces that have been detected in the image.
- Select a face to animate from the detected faces
Animating one face in a photo typically takes between 10 to 20 seconds, depending on the length of the driver video that we’re applying to it. Videos that consist of a longer sequence of gestures take longer to create.
- Once your animated video is ready it will start playing immediately. Hover over it to pause the video at any point.
What is this Technology? Deep Nostalgia
The remarkable technology for animating photos was licensed by MyHeritage for PC from D-ID, a company specializing in video reenactment using deep learning. The platform integrated this technology to animate the faces in historical photos and create high-quality, realistic video footage. The Deep Nostalgia feature uses several drivers prepared by MyHeritage. Each driver is a video consisting of a fixed sequence of movements and gestures. Deep Nostalgia can very accurately apply the drivers to a face in your still photo, creating a short video that you can share with your friends and family. The driver guides the movements in the animation so you can see your ancestors smile, blink, and turn their heads. This really brings your photos to life
Can you animate multiple Pictures
Yes. You can animate all the faces in a photo, but in the current version they cannot all be animated at the same time. You’ll need to create a separate animation for each face, one at a time. You can click on each face to see the animation. If you’re viewing a photo from the My Photos section of the website, you’ll be able to tell which faces have been animated by looking at the individual faces below the main photo — those with an animation appear with a play button.
|Price||Free with in app purchases|
|Category||Books & Reference|
|Size||Varies with device|
How to Install the MyHeritage app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC, I will recommend the BlueStacks emulator.
- Run the EXE file on your PC, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process of installation.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen.
- Search for the MyHeritage app and click on the install button.
- Log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
You can also use the MyHeritage app on your smartphone as well.
How do you make a life picture on my heritage?
You’ll see your image appear under the Photos tab, which shows all the pictures you’ve uploaded. Click on the picture you want to animate. At the top of your screen toward the left, you’ll see a little circle icon with three lines below it. Click on that, and MyHeritage will do its magic
Is my heritage app free?
Enjoy MyHeritage for PC from your mobile phone, tablet, web browser, and through Family Tree Builder — our free desktop software. Basic usage is free. We offer the following annual subscription plans for enhanced features: Premium for $99.99/year gives you expanded family tree size and access to Smart Matches