Pi Browser app enables you to browse, interact, and transact in decentralized applications, and here’s how to download Pi Browser for PC or Laptop and use the app on the big screens.
Pi Browser Features
Pi Browser brings in a decentralized mechanism to support the blockchain-based platforms and allows you to interact, browse, and transact on these platforms and applications. In terms of features, it supports Web 2.0 applications just like the existing web browsers. In addition, it comes loaded with all the features to help you interact and transact with the apps that are based on blockchain.
The only issue, as reported by some users is the blank or sometimes black screens that appear when they launch the application. So far, there isn’t any word on the fix from the devs, however, given the issue was faced by some users, perhaps, it has something to do with the device’s compatibility. Aside from that, the Pi Browser is seamless in operation and easy to use.
Towards the end, it is safe to assume that Pi Browser is one of the few applications that help you deal with blockchain-based platforms. You can easily install the Pi Browser app on your handheld devices via the app stores. If you want to learn whether you can download Pi Browser for PC or not, head over to the section below.
Can I Use Pi Browser on Windows and macOS?
Pi Browser provides a decentralized web experience, that is integrated with blockchain technology that allows you to browse the internet in a secure manner. Coming to the big question, yes, you can install and use the app on your PCs and Laptop, however, the process is slightly different from the handheld devices.
- Download Mi Browser Pro for PC, Windows 10 and OS X
- Download DuckDuckGo for PC, Windows 10 and macOS
Pi Browser is aimed at Android and iOS devices and you can easily install it on handheld devices via Google Play and iTunes. As for PC or Laptop, given these devices are powered by Windows and OS X systems, you cannot install the app right away. You can install the Android Pi Browser app on your PCs and Laptops via Android Emulators.
How to set up an Android Emulator
Now about the Emulators, these are virtual machines that emulate the Android OS. Think of an Emulator as a third-party app that you can set up on Windows and OS X systems and when launched provide the Android OS. This way, via an Android Emulator, you can easily install and use the Pi Browser app on your Windows running PC/Laptop and OS X powered MacBook/iMac devices. And here’s how you can install and set up the Emulator yourselves.
- First, you need to download the Emulator file via the official website. You can follow our guides on Bluestacks for Windows or Bluestacks for Mac.
- If you have downloaded the .exe file, double-click on it to initiate the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
- Next, set up the Emulator using your Google account. That’s it.
Install Pi Browser for PC and Laptop
- Launch the Emulator that you have installed on your PC or Laptop.
- On the home screen, look for the google play store (on Bluestacks you will find it under ‘system apps‘) and open it.
- Now search for Pi Browser via google play search.
- Next, click on the Pi Browser app icon and install it via Emulator.
- Once the installation completes, you’ll find Pi Browser under the ‘Apps’ section.