Download the PNC Mobile app on your PC. Check balances & recent transactions – See current account activity for your checking, savings, credit card, and loan accounts.
What is the PNC Mobile PC app?
With approximately 2,300 branch locations and nearly 18,000 PNC and PNC Partner ATMs, PNC Bank is one of these large brick-and-mortar banks. It stands out, however, for offering a savings account option called Virtual Wallet, which uses innovative online tools to make it easy to see how you’re managing your money day today.
PNC Mobile for PC app offers two savings options in the Virtual Wallet bundle. For greater returns, savings can be shunted into a Growth long-term savings account, which can earn a slightly higher, relationship rate if you meet other qualifications, such as having five debit card transactions post to the Spend checking account each month or having $500 in qualifying direct deposits to the Spend account.
Customers in certain regions may qualify for higher rates on their Growth accounts and might be eligible to apply for PNC’s online savings account, which also comes with a higher annual percentage yield.
PNC Bank Virtual Wallet account holders receive two layers of overdraft protection. When at risk of overdrawing from their Spend account, PNC will automatically transfer available funds first from their Reserve account (acts as the primary overdraft protection account) and then from their Growth account (acts as the secondary overdraft protection account).
Who Is PNC Mobile Bank Best For?
PNC should appeal to customers who want a full range of services under a single financial institution. It could be a particularly strong fit for those who want:
- To open both a savings and checking account with a single bank
- A one-stop shop for banking and financial services
- To step into a brick-and-mortar location and talk to a human (located in 25 states and the District of Columbia)
- To bank with a long-standing, established institution
No additional setup is required and there is no charge for the overdraft protection transfer. Otherwise, overdrafts over $5 without any protection are subject to a $36 per overdraft item fee.
- While sign-up bonuses are more common among credit cards and business accounts, PNC Mobile for PC offers a sign-up bonus when you open a Virtual Wallet. Depending on the type of account, you can earn either $50, $200, or $300 when you sync your account with a qualifying direct deposit.
- Depending on which type of deposit account you sign up for, you could either get non-network ATM fees reimbursed or have them dropped altogether. This might include being reimbursed for several specific ATM fees per statement cycle or receiving up to a certain amount in ATM fees back.
- Beyond deposit accounts, PNC offers everything from student loans to auto loans to wealth management to life
- Sign-up bonuses for deposit accounts
- ATM fee reimbursement
- Wide range of products and services
- Harder to open a stand-alone account
- Caveats to keep in mind to qualify for best interest rates or fees to be waived
How to Install the PNC Mobile app on Windows and Mac
- You will need an Android emulator on your PC Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions
- After the installation is complete open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- Search for the PNC Mobile app.
- Click on the install button, and log in using your Google ID to start the download process.
You can use the PNC Mobile app on your smartphone as well
How do I check my PNC Mobile for Windows app balance?
Press *6 for the Touch-tone only menu. After entering your PNC Voice Banking user ID and PIN, you will hear your account balance or a list of accounts to choose from to hear your balance. Then, you will hear some of the available self-service options, or you can tell us in your own words what you are looking to do.
How do I use cardless ATM PNC?
Select the “Card Free Access” button on the ATM Welcome screen. Enter the 8-digit access code that is provided within the PNC Mobile for PC app and tap “Continue.” Enter your 4-digit card PIN associated with the card you selected in the mobile app. Perform your ATM transaction.
PNC Bank is the seventh-largest bank in the country by assets. Depending on their location, customers can earn up to a $300 sign-up bonus with a checking, short-term savings, and long-term savings combo called Virtual Wallet. The trio of products — named Spend, Reserve, and Growth, respectively — comes with a nice set of online management tools. But the interest rate on short-term savings is low, and it takes effort to avoid monthly fees on the checking account.