Download the Talkatone app on your PC. Send texts free and call from anywhere you are and keep in touch with loved ones everywhere. Now use the app on Windows and Mac PCs.
What is the Talkatone PC app?
If you go abroad, you may find yourself in a situation where it’s difficult to use your phone. Some places have limited cellular coverage and you just can’t get your phone to work. Even if you’re in a major city where this isn’t an issue, you might be dealing with huge roaming charges every time you make a phone call.
Talkatone for PC app allows you to make phone calls using Wifi. It uses Google Voice as a channel to let you make and receive phone calls to and from your phone contacts, for free. Using Textfree with voice, gives you a certain amount of minutes free and then charges your iTunes account or asks you to complete tasks, after some jiggering of your Google Voice account, allows you to make unlimited calls without having to jump through any additional hoops.
To set Talktone up on your PC log into your Gmail account and select the “Call Phone” option under Chat. Use the “Call Phone” option to make one call to a regular phone number. Then sign out from Google Chat. Make a phone call from its phone widget and you should be good to go there.
- Free outbound calling minutes each month – You receive unlimited minutes of free outbound calls to the United States and Canada. If you use up all of your minutes, you can either purchase more at a low price or get some free minutes by completing offers, such as signing up on an advertiser’s website or answering a survey.
- Free inbound calls – No minutes are deducted for calls you receive through the app. You can also call toll-free numbers completely free.
- Free text messages – You can use The app to send and receive text messages, group texts, and picture messages. Universal SMS and MMS are supported by all major American mobile carriers. You can also exchange free text and picture messages with other users of the app.
- Free communications with other users – You can call and send text or picture messages to other users of the app completely free, no matter where they’re located.
|Name||Talkatone: Wifi Text & Calls|
|Android version||4.0 and up|
Costs of Using Talkatone
If you use up your 60 FREE minutes per month you can purchase 60 more for $0.99. Talkatone also offers a painless way to earn more domestic outbound minutes by accomplishing tasks related to free offers within the app. Talkatone is supported by an advertising model. Although fairly un-obtrusive, these ads can be permanently removed with a one-time charge of $9.99.
How to Install the Talkatone app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator on your PC by following the instructions given on your screen.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- Search for the Talkatone app and click on the install button.
- To start the download log in using your Google ID.
You can use the Talkatone app on your smartphone as well.
How does the app work?
Talkatone PC app Lets You Make Calls And SMS Over Wifi For Free, No Strings Attached. Like Pinger, Talkatone allows you to make phone calls using Wifi.
How much does the app cost?
Talkatone users are given the option to enjoy an ad-free version of the app for a one-time fee of $9.99. Every month users are given 60 FREE minutes to use for calling or text. If the user would like more minutes, they can be purchased for $0.99 per 60 minutes.
Does Talkatone show your name?
It does not support anonymous dialing. When dialing a mobile number, your name will only appear if the number is stored in that devices’ address book, otherwise, only your Talkatone number will be displayed. Some home caller ID’s will be able to display the name associated to a Talkatone account.