Use the WhatsApp Web on your PC. With its new call features that include voice and video, it has become much more appealing than it was before. Simply follow the steps discussed below and start using the latest WhatsApp Web features.
What is the WhatsApp Web?
One of the most used applications on one’s smartphone is undoubtedly the social messaging application – WhatsApp. The instant messaging platform made a breakthrough with its user-friendly interface, features that grabbed the attention of the subscribers. WhatsApp also made sure that it keeps updating itself to meet the need of the hour for its subscribers and hence came up with the WhatsApp voice calls and WhatsApp video calls. These features enabled the users to make face-time calls with better image and audio quality.
WhatsApp Web is a multimedia messaging service which runs off of the traditional WhatsApp Mobile software. With it, users can stash their phones away by loading the instant messaging service onto a PC or Mac.
What does it offer?
When WhatsApp Web was first introduced in 2015, it lacked many of the features of the standard mobile app. However, today’s version is nearly identical, with the main exception being the absence of video and audio calls.
The streamlined software can do nearly everything on a PC that can be done on a mobile device, including sending images, audio files, videos, and documents.
Nevertheless, what makes WhatsApp Web so appealing compared to its mobile partner – is its sheer convenience. Those using the web version can simply type away from their keyboards, rather than reach for their phones to answer messages. The interface is incredibly simple and nearly identical to the mobile version, ensuring that users can jump right in and message away from their PCs.
WhatsApp now lets you make or receive voice and video calls on its desktop app for Windows and Mac. The feature was earlier being rolled out for select users only, but now it is available for everyone in India. It will be useful for those who use WhatsApp desktop every day for work or personal purposes.
Latest WhatsApp Web Features
History Sync feature
The history sync feature will enable users to easily copy messages and other chats across the time frame from one device to another. In addition, it will allow the users to copy their messaging content from Android devices to iOS devices and vice-versa.
Redesigned Storage Usage
Storage section on WhatsApp Web is crucial to keep tab on the amount of data usage as well as the data storage in the device. In the hindsight, WhatsApp has also enhanced its storage section while making it much more interactive to analyze the storage-related data. Further, the improvement will be visually engaging in managing the storage on the app.
Last but not the least, WhatsApp will also offer multi-device support for its messaging platform. The update is yet to come in its stable version but has been spotted in the beta update. This feature will seamlessly allow users to operate their individual accounts from multiple devices at the same time
WhatsApp’s Keyboard Shortcuts
In order to take complete use of the WhatsApp for PC, one must know how to use the keyboard shortcuts. This will help in making your typing fast and efficient.
- Ctrl + N: This will help in starting a new chat
- Ctrl + Shift + [: This shortcut will take you to previous chat
- Ctrl + Shift + ]: This will help you to go to the Next chat
- Ctrl + Shift + M: By this, you can Mute the chat
- Ctrl + E: This is to Archive chat
- Ctrl + Shift + U: This is used for Mark as unread
- Ctrl + Backspace: This will Delete chat
- Ctrl + P: This shortcut will Open profile status
- Ctrl + Shift + N: This will help to Create a new group
How to download WhatsApp Desktop
WhatsApp can be used on your desktop without a browser. To install WhatsApp Desktop on your computer, download it from the Microsoft Store, Apple App Store, or WhatsApp website. WhatsApp Desktop will only work on computers that meet the following operating system requirements:
- Windows 8.1 or newer
- macOS 10.10 or newer
For all other operating systems, you can use WhatsApp Web in your browser.
Download WhatsApp Desktop
- In your computer’s browser, go to the WhatsApp Download page, then download the .exe or .dmg file.
- Once the download is complete, open the .exe or .dmg file and follow the steps to complete the installation.
How to make WhatsApp calls on a PC
Here’s how to make WhatsApp calls on the desktop.
- First, install WhatsApp’s desktop app for Windows or Mac.
- Use your phone to scan the QR code on your computer.
- Your WhatsApp account will open on the screen.
- Now open a chat and click the voice call icon or the video call icon at the top right corner.
- A WhatsApp call will be placed directly from the desktop.
You can check out how you can use the Sky go app on your PC.