Download the Yammer app on your PC. The mobile app helps you stay connected from anywhere – driving employee engagement and participation across the entire company like nothing else can.
What is the Yammer PC app?
Microsoft’s Yammer for PC is an online but private business social network meant to foster communication among employees. Because of its freemium model—with a decent array of features included in a free account. The app is appealing to businesses just starting to experiment with giving employees alternatives to email for talking and getting work done.
The app’s greatest strength is that it’s easy to use. Many online business platforms compare themselves to Facebook in ease of use, but this app is rare in that it actually delivers on that promise. It is so simple to use in part because it doesn’t have much in the way of tools and features for workplace management, project management, scheduling, time-tracking, workflow monitoring, or other common business processes. You can get those kinds of tools and services courtesy of Microsoft with Yammer included in the package
- Providing a platform for social news in the company where “bottom up” topics can percolate freely across department
- Social networking across the company where folks can divide their work into topics instead of teams
- Basic collaboration within a group including document sharing with ability to pin documents to a team
- User experience in Yammer for Windows app, while improving on mobile, has been stagnant for years – it’s the same product since 2014
- Integration with the other O365 features – such as O365 groups – is completely lacking
- It competes with other Microsoft products (Microsoft Teams, Kaizala) for collaboration tools
What it will cost you
The pricing plans fall under the general pricing plans of Microsoft 365 Business suites.
These plans are as follows: Microsoft 365 Business Basic ($5 user/month), Microsoft 365 Business Standard ($12.50 user/month), and Microsoft 365 Business Premium ($20.00 user/month).
All of these prices are for annual commitments and, as such, they’re more affordable than monthly payments.
One of the most significant differences between these plans is the fact that the Basic plan doesn’t allow you to have desktop versions of Office apps. You also don’t get advanced threat protection (a significant safety feature) until you upgrade to Premium.
How to Install the Yammer app on Windows and Mac
- Install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Run the exe file on your PC to complete the installation of the emulator on your PC.
- Open the emulator and look for the PlayStore app on the home screen
- Log in using your Google ID.
- Search for the Yammer app and click on the install button.
You can also use the Yammer app on your smartphone as well.
What is Yammer for PC app used for?
The app connects leaders, communicators, and employees to build communities, share knowledge, and engage everyone. Use the Home feed to stay on top of what matters, tap into the knowledge of others, and build on existing work. Search for experts, conversations, and files.
Is Microsoft Yammer for Windows free?
Yes, you can use the app for free or without a license as long as you can register a valid company email. If you only want to use Yammer Basic or without Admin tools, you don’t need to register it with Office 365.
What’s the difference between teams and Yammer?
Teams channels close to a messaging app with features to help small teams to work on projects together. On the other hand, the Yammer platform encompasses a wider audience and functions more like an enterprise social network. The messages on Teams are usually addressed to a specific person or a group of people.