Use the YI IoT app on your PC. The camera always keeps an eye on things that is important to you. With built-in high accuracy motion detection technology, the camera sends notification to your Windows and Mac PC.
What is the YI IoT PC app?
The YI IoT for PC App only takes a couple of minutes to install and connect to your chosen device. There are no subscription fees for this app. It works by converting an old tablet or smartphone into a security camera. The app installs on a little-used device and the one you always carry with you. The idea is to place the second device in the space you want to cover. That’s it.
You can log in via the YI IoT for Windows app to get a live view of your home whenever you’re away. YI IoT also sends out video alerts whenever it detects activity within the camera’s field of view (FOV). Want more security? Simply set up a few wireless sensors in strategic positions and connect them to your phone. Everything about this software is simple yet effective, and it’s free, with fee-based options.
There are a lot of very good home security cameras that cost less than $100. The Yi Camera X ($59.99) tries to distinguish itself from the pack, and to some extent, it succeeds. This budget home-security camera is one of the few in this price range that has motion tracking, can (theoretically) distinguish between people and pets, and stores free, easy-to-access, 6-second video clips. But it only does all of these things pretty well.
Physically identical to the Yi Kami camera, the Dome X is a 5 x 3-inch domed cylinder that rotates 340 degrees on a 2.5-inch circular base. In addition, the lens can tilt vertically 95 degrees and – along with eight infrared LEDs – is covered by a 2.5-inch glossy black hemisphere.
Why the YI IoT PC app
- YI IoT Camera connects you with your family through real-time video and audio anytime and anywhere just a fingertip away
- Equipped with a 111° wide-angle lens, you can extend the area of coverage to enable a clear view of specific areas and objects. Simply double click to activate 4x digital zoom to focus on details
- With a simple tap on your mobile phone, you can initiate a 2-way conversation with your family remotely. Its specially designed microphone and speaker ensures loud and clean voice quality
- Two-way audio
- Easy installation
- Image planning
- Different alert types
- Low price tag
- Choppy video
- Connection delays
- No smart integration
|Category||Video players & Editors|
How to Install the YI IoT app on Windows and Mac
- You will need to install the BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Complete the installation of the emulator by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the PlayStore app from the home screen of the emulator.
- You will need to log in using your Google ID to access the PlayStore app features.
- Search for the YI IoT app and click on the install button.
You can also use the YI IoT app on your smartphone as well.
Are Yi cameras secure?
The two-way audio and excellent image quality allow you to connect with your family remotely. Don’t have time to watch lengthy security footage? The YI Home Camera App sends instant activity alerts to your phone with our motion detection technology.
Can I watch my Yi camera on my computer?
The YI IoT PC and MAC Portal lets you view seamlessly live and cloud footage from all your YI Cameras. Your motion or sound detected clips appear in chronological order. Up to 9 cameras can be viewed on one screen at the same time. Login and view your cameras with this PC portal.
What is Yi IoT?
YI IoT for PC connects you with your family through real-time video and audio anytime and anywhere just a fingertip away. -With a simple tap on your mobile phone, you can initiate a 2-way conversation with your family remotely. Its specially designed microphone and speaker ensure loud and clear voice quality.